|Authors Name||DR MRINAL KULKARNI|
|Publishing Year||Feb 19|
Email on email@example.com if e-book is not found.
UNIT I : Background Topics –
1. Feminism in Modern Literature,
2. Psychological Novel,
3. The rise of Science Fiction,
4. Post World War II Novel,
5. Political Satire/Allegory as rising literary trends,
6. Imperialism and Post colonialism in Modern British Fiction,
7. Existentialism and Modern British Literature,
UNIT II : Novel –
A. GEORGE ORWELL: 1984 (1949)
B. IRIS MURDOCH: The Black Prince (1973)
UNIT III : Short Stories –
1. James Joyce: Eveline,
2. Roald Dahl: Lamb to the Slaughter,
3. Graham Greene: The Invisible Japanese Gentleman,
4. Angela Carter: The Courtship of Mr. Lyon.
It gives immense pleasure to publish this text book on subject of 20th Century British Literature for T.Y.B.A. (Sem. VI), Students of Mumbai University according to the revised syllabus w.e.f. June 2018-19. This book has been written in a simple language keeping students point of view which will encourage better comprehension.
Considering the vast area that the University of Mumbai covers, I attempted to keep the language and style as simple and lucid, I decided to provide notes and brief summary to short stories, novels and background topics. This book has been divided into three units, dealing with background topics, novels and short stories. I am sure that this book will help in the smooth transition to the graduation level of the students.
|Dimensions||22 × 15 × 0.5 cm|